Revisioning Hawthorne- April 26, 2023
Thank you to everyone who came to continue the discussion and provide feedback on three different visions for use of the Hawthorne site!
Hawthorne Idea Exchange - January 28, 2023
Thank you to everyone who had a chance to join us to discuss and share ideas for the future use of the Hawthorne-by-the-Sea property in historic downtown Swampscott.
Residents are encouraged to stop by Town Hall where information boards from the session have been placed in the first floor lobby area.
Summary of Findings
This is the period of time prior to the implementation of the final, long-term plan for the property.
- Anthony's Pier 4 Cafe should not be demolished before the long-term vision is realized and can provide a collaborative space for Swampscott.
- The Hawthorne site offers a unique opportunity to celebrate Swampscott and the amazing views, through a combination of architecture and open space.
- Consider revenue generation for the Town
- Address the issue of parking
- Incorporate public restrooms
- Coordinate with the long-term vision for the Hadley School
To find more about the discussions generated by the Idea Exchange, please see the following: