Office of Community Development Function:
The Office of Community Development provides a wide range of services in an effort to achieve the goals of established planning documents and to improve the level of service provided to the community.
The Office works directly with the following Town Boards:
Affordable Housing Trust
Historic District Commission
Open Space & Recreation Plan Committee
Rail Trail Design & Construction Advisory Committee
Renewable Energy Committee
Zoning Board of Appeals
Office of Community Development Duties:
- Technical and administrative support to the Planning Board in the form of residential, commercial and subdivision project review and approval procedures as set forth under the Massachusetts General Laws and the Town of Swampscott Zoning Bylaw and Subdivision Rules and Regulations;
- Technical and administrative support to the Renewable Energy Committee in the form of energy efficiency programs and grants - for both municipal and private benefit;
- Coordinating project review with other Town officials and agencies;
- Assisting petitioners with Planning Board procedures and requirements;
- Meeting with abutters and other interested parties to elucidate applicable bylaws and regulations for projects proposed in their neighborhoods;
- Acting as a liaison between the Planning Board, the public and other town departments, boards and committees as needed.