Where do I vote on October 19, 2021?
- For this election, all 6 precincts will vote at Swampscott High School, 200 Essex Street.
- Polling hours are from 7:00 am to 8:00 pm.
- If you are not sure what precinct you are in, visit the Secretary of State website.
How do I register to vote?
The last day to register to vote for the October 19, 2021 election is Wednesday, September 29, 2021 at 8:00 pm.
- Register Online: Register through the Voter Registration System on the Secretary of State's website
- By Mail: Download the Mail-In Voter Registration Form from the Secretary of State's website. Print out the form, sign it, and return to the Town Clerk's office in person or via mail to 22 Monument Ave.
- In Person: Visit the Town Clerk's office at 22 Monument Ave, first floor.
How do I know if I am registered to vote?
You can check your voter registration status on the Secretary of State's website
I want to vote by mail, how do I receive an application?
This election, anyone can vote by mail without an an excuse. To vote by mail, you must first request a Mail in Ballot Application. If you are requesting a ballot for a family member, you must instead use an Absentee Ballot application. Applications must be RECEIVED by 5:00 PM on Wednesday, October 13, 2021.
- Online: Download the paper Vote by Mail Application or Absentee Ballot application from the Secretary of State website.
- By mail: Request an application to be mailed to you by calling the Town Clerk's office at 781-596-4167, emailing email@example.com, or sending a letter with your request and address.
- In person: Visit the Town Clerk’s office at 22 Monument Ave to fill out an application to receive a ballot.
How do I return my Vote by Mail Application?
- By mail: Mail your completed application to:
22 Monument Ave
Swampscott, MA 01907
- By fax: Fax to 1-781-596-8870
- By email: Scan or send a photo to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In person: Return to the Town Clerk's office at 22 Monument Ave
- NOTE: Applications must be RECEIVED by 5:00 PM on Wednesday, October 13, 2021.
How do I return my Mail in Ballot?
All mail in ballots are returned to the Town Clerk's office at 22 Monument Ave. Your ballot must be RECEIVED by the Town Clerk by 8:00 pm on October 19, 2021. They can be returned:
- In person: Return to the Town Clerk's office during Town Hall business hours or using the 24/7 ballot drop box in front of Town Hall.
- By mail: Mail to the Town Clerk's office: 22 Monument Ave. Swampscott, MA 01907
If I'm allowed to vote in person and by mail, won't by vote be counted twice?
NO. Your ballot is tracked electronically the day it comes in. Once a mail-in ballot or in-person ballot is received, no other ballots from that voter will be accepted. There is no way for votes to be counted twice.
What is on the ballot for this election?
A sample ballot can be found HERE.
Will there be early in-person voting for this election?
YES. Early voting will take place at Town Hall, 22 Monument Ave. The hours will be as follows:
- Saturday 10/9 from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm
- Tuesday 10/12 from 9:00 am to 8:00 pm
- Wednesday 10/13 from 9:00 am to 8:00 pm
- Thursday 10/14 from 9:00 am to 8:00 pm
- Friday 10/15 from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm
What are some other important dates I should know about?
- Last day to register to vote: 8:00 pm on Wednesday, September 29th.
- Deadline to submit an application for a mail-in ballot: 5:00 pm on Wednesday, October 13th.