2020 SWAMPSCOTT POOCH PASS INFORMATION FOR DOG PARK
THREE EASY WAYS TO PURCHASE (Same as Dog Licensing)
• Go to swampscottma.gov, Click on “Online Payments” then “Click Here to Make an Online Payment”, Select “Pooch Pass”. You will need to create an account and pay your fee online. You will be able to upload a current rabies certificate. Your permit(s) will be mailed to you as soon as your payment is processed (takes a day or two) provided a current proof of rabies is on file and your dog(s) are currently licensed. Please note: If your dog information is incorrect please contact the Town Clerk’s Office. There is a convenience fee: e-Check is $0.50, Credit & Debit is 2.95% min $1.00.
Mail all of the following: • This completed form. • Check made payable to the “Town of Swampscott" • SASE • Copy of your dog’s rabies certificate (if not on file with the Town Clerk’s Office or Rabies is expired, please e-mail or call us to confirm if need be). • To the Town Clerk’s Office, 22 Monument Avenue, Swampscott, MA 01907.
*Please write Pooch Pass on outside of envelope**Pooch Pass & Dog Licensing purchases can be mailed back to the Town Clerk’s Office in the same SASE*
Bring this completed form to the Town Clerk’s Office with proof of rabies (if not on file with the Town Clerk’s Office or rabies is expired). Cash or Check payments only are accepted in person.
Please note: Dog Park Permits and Dog licensing can be purchased together By Mail or In-Person. Online purchases must be made separately.
Pooch Pass Fee: $5.00 per dog
SPOT-Swampscott Park for Off-Leash Time Facebook page: www.facebook.com/SwampscottDogPark
TOWN OF SWAMPSCOTT DOG PARK RULES & REGULATIONS
- All dogs must have a current valid license from the Town of Swampscott affixed to their collar.
- Dogs must remain on leash until inside the double-gated entry.
- Inside the park, dogs must be off-leash.
- Park users must pick up after their dogs and properly dispose of any waste. Waste receptacles are provided.
- Limit of three dogs per person per visit.
- Prohibited: Prong, spike or choke collars.
- Prohibited: Food and treats.
- Prohibited: Female dogs in heat and dogs with open wounds.
- To discourage aggressive behavior, SPOT recommends that dog owners/guardians only bring dogs that have been spayed or neutered. Intact male dogs must be closely supervised.
- Dogs exhibiting aggressive behavior shall be removed immediately.
- Puppies must be at least six (6) months of age before entering the dog park.
- Dog park hours are sunrise to sunset daily (unless closed for maintenance or weather).
- Dogs must be accompanied by a guardian at least 18 years of age and with sufficient strength to control the dog(s). Guardians must remain with and supervise their dog(s) at all times.
- Children under 10 years of age are not allowed in the dog park.
- Children 10-17 years of age must be accompanied by an adult and be able to ward off unwelcome attention from other dogs.
- Park users and dog owners assume all risk related to dog park use. The Town of Swampscott does not assume any liability or responsibility for injuries to any person or dog or any damage to personal property.
All other general park rules and Town Bylaws must be obeyed.